go.eIDAS eIDAS Blog News

#eIDAS4all campaign has started - you are welcome to join the discussion!

The #eIDAS4all campaign, which aims at pushing forward the broad and fast adoption of electronic identification (eID) and trust services according to the eIDAS-Regulation, has started.

Now it is the time to ask crazy questions and contribute ideas, which might be helpful for supporting the adoption of eID and trust services.

• Is there a “silver bullet” or at least best practice for easy integration of eID and trust services into applications?
  • Is there a “killer application” for eID and trust services?
  • How can transparency and comparability with respect to eIDAS offerings be improved?
  • How would an open ecosystem for secure digital identities look like in a global scale?
  • Are there exceptional offerings within the eIDAS-Ecosystem which might be interesting for the members of the community?
  • Are there any news with respect to eIDAS, which seem worth to be shared and discussed?

Morning Detlef,

Regarding to eIdas, I assume that you’re aware of the eIdas bridge documentation recently published. It is available at https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/collection/ssi-eidas-bridge with both, technical and legal deliverables.

Silver bullet is easy. This means that all the service providers must be able to use the eID in very easy fashion and all the people must have (government provided) eID that they must be able to use it very easily.

1 Like

Yes, the legal report created by Nacho is great. The technical part is a good starting point and calls for further actions.

Hallo Cris,
it is, of course, possible to use electronic identification (eID) means, which are not notified according to Art. 9 of the eIDAS-Regulation - also accross borders. The only limitation is, that this non-notified eID is not necessarily recognised according to Art. 6 of the eIDAS-Regulation. Could you provide more information on your eID means and scheme?
By the way, your problem seems to be related to the "Universal Login" post , which proposes to introduce a new dimension “Level of Confidence” to the eIDAS Trust Framework, which effectively introduces shades of gray between notified and non-notified.

Hi,

In my country, Greece, i cannot find a provider for a qualified token that works under Linux.
How is that even possible?
Isn’t supposed ETSI to have picked Java for its ubiquitous deployment capabilities?
Are there any alternatives so that i can have a token that does not force me to switch to a virtualized Windows?

Thank you.

Why not create a category for such technical questions,
so others ca benefit from reading them.